With yesterday bringing the news that STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will be known as THE FORCE AWAKENS, Making Star Wars claims to have some information on where J.J. Abrams’ film will pick things up with Mark Hamill’s Luke Skywalker. Treat this as purely rumour at this stage, but the below details are supposedly how things have panned out for Luke since RETURN OF THE JEDI. And it goes without saying, potential SPOILERS may lie ahead. You’ve been warned…
- Since the conclusion of JEDI, Luke has managed to find a breakthrough in the Force which has made him the most powerful Jedi of all time, although he doesn’t fully trust himself with the power that he now holds.
- Due to the intensity of Luke’s powers, he doesn’t have full control over them, often causing accidental disturbances.
- As a result of the powers he has at his disposal, Luke has put himself into a self-imposed exile, fearing that he may end up following in his father’s footsteps and become swayed by the Dark Side.
- Both the new hero and new villain of the saga will visit Luke with the aim of using his powers for their own agendas.
- Whereas the original movie initially had us believe that there was a crazy old hermit called Ben Kenobi, it’s said that Luke will be a tad unhinged and erratic here.
- Chances are we’ll be seeing some of the older faces of the saga, as Luke will have uncontrollable visions of former friends and family members who are no longer alive. He’ll also have premonitions about events in the future, as well.
So there we have it. As mentioned previously, treat all of this as purely rumour for now, but if true then it could prove massively entertaining to see a super-powerful, slightly unhinged old Luke play out on the big screen. That said, we’re just like kids at Christmas at the prospect of seeing Luke Skywalker in general.
J.J. Abrams’ STAR WARS: EPISODE VII – THE FORCE AWAKENS is set for a December 18th, 2015 release.
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY!
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: