Robert Kirkman - writer/executive producer of AMC’s hit show THE WALKING DEAD (and creator/writer of the ongoing Image comic) - has been talking its sophomore season recently, and revealed some interesting details on what’s to come…
* Michael Rooker’s Merle will return.
* Katana-wielding fan favourite Michonne won’t be introduced until season 3 at the earliest.
* Stephen and Joe King are still in talks to pen an episode, but with all scripts for 2 complete, this is unlikely to happen until the writing begins on the next season.
* Dr. Jenner’s (Noah Emmerich) LOST IN TRANSLATION-esque whispered message to Rick will be revealed… in time.
* The rumours of mass-firings amongst the writing staff post-season 1 were greatly exaggerated – “that was something that never really happened.”
* The show begins shooting in Atlanta in a mere few weeks.
Expect Season 2 to debut this Halloween, with Season 1 hitting DVD/Blu-Ray in the UK on May 16th.
What would you like to see in Season 2? Does the show live up to the comic book? Let us know with your comments below!