What a ride this season of AMERICAN HORROR STORY has been. Our only concern? After ASYLUM’s aliens, serial killers, dark angels, Nazi scientists, mutants, mutilation, exorcisms and evil nuns, is there anything else left for season 3 to explore?
With the season finale almost upon us, creator Ryan Murphy has now begun to open up as to what viewers can expect from Season Three. We’ve previously only know that Jessica Lange will return, but at a recent press screening of the finale Murphy revealed that she’ll again be joined by Sarah Paulson (ASYLUM’s Lana Winters) and Evan Peters (Kit), and they’ll be bringing a few of their Season One castmembers with them who didn’t make the transition to Two. Other new details of note:
* After ASYLUM’s unrelenting darkness, Three will have a distinctly lighter tone: "As a person right now, I do feel lighter and wanting to embrace something a little bit more fun. I want to do something next season that's funnier. I really miss that Jessica Lange as Constance, and I know she missed it, too."
* The story will expand, taking place over multiple time periods and cities.
* The chief antagonist, following on from The Rubber Man and Bloody Face, will be female.
* Lange’s new character is, in Murphy’s words “a really glamour cat sort of lady.” Whatever the hell that means.
* The new arc will ultimately be “about female power”, and a “historical horror romance”.
Anybody got any ideas as to where they could be going with this? Will it top Season One and Two? We’ll find out when AMERICAN HORROR STORY returns to our screens in October...
Source: TV Guide
Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as fully interactive iPad editions, loaded with multimedia, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE.