Paramount+’s Star Trek universe continues its expansion with multiple season pickup orders. The streaming service has also confirmed premiere dates for several of its sci-fi series.
- Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a fifth season, ahead of the season four premiere on February 10th.
- Star Trek: Picard‘s second season will premiere Thursday, March 3rd. A third season has already been confirmed, which is currently in production.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds has already been renewed for a second season, ahead of its season one premiere on May 5th. The live-action series stars Anson Mount as Captain Chris Pike, Ethan Peck as Spock, and Rebecca Romijn as Una Chin-Riley/Number One aboard the USS Enterprise prior to the events of the Star Trek original series. This cast of characters were introduced in season 2 of Discovery.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks has been renewed for a 10-episode-long fourth season, while season 3 will air sometime this summer.
- The second half of the younger-skewing Star Trek: Prodigy‘s first season will release later in 2022.
“Four years ago, we made a promise to grow Star Trek into something it had never been before, and thanks to the incredibly hard work done by our many talented showrunners, writers, and directors, along with the extraordinary support of CBS Studios and Paramount Plus, we’re keeping our word,” said Alex Kurtzman, who heads up the Star Trek universe TV franchise for CBS Studios. “Now our current shows are set up for the future as we work to build ‘Trek’s’ next phase of programming for years to come.”