Before we get too far into this news piece, be warned that there are some potentially huge spoilers ahead for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. All of this is purely rumour at this stage, but the source is Latino Review, so often on the money when it comes to this stuff. You’ve be warned…
This latest batch of news pertains to the fate of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as there seems to be a wave of change ahead for The Avengers. We were already expecting a major fallout between Captain America and Iron Man in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, but below is the latest story coming out on just what else will be going down in the MCU over the next few years.
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON will see a new group of Avengers assembled, led by Cap. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, not to mention Vision, are said to be part of the new team. The story of the finale of the film seeing Hulk shot off into space is also still presumed to happen.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR will feature the revelation that Bucky Barnes as the Winter Soldier was responsible for the death of Tony Stark’s father, Howard. Stark becomes distant and leaves The Avengers, although Black Panther makes his MCU debut. More importantly, the end of CIVIL WAR will see something that’s been speculated about for a long time now: the death of Steve Rogers. And yes, this will be at the hands of the returning Brock Rumlow, who will now be known as Crossbones.
- THOR: RAGNORAK will see the death of a lot of Asgardians, with some of Asgard’s fallen faces also brought back to life. The film will culminate with Thor being held in some sort of galactic prison.
- By the time AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART 1 rolls around, the titular team will be much changed. With Steve Rogers dead, Thor imprisoned, and Iron Man AWOL, one of the biggest surprises of this movie will be the inclusion of Spider-Man! Yes, the Wallcrawler will apparently be joining the MCU. The Latino Review report claims that a deal has indeed been agreed between Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios for the Wallcrawler to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, starting with the first part of INFINITY WAR after the deal was agreed too late for Webhead to appear in CIVIL WAR as initially planned. The Avengers team at this point will be made up of some fresh faces, such as Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther and potentially any of the Netflix crew (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron First) and even the Inhumans. It’s believed that INFINITY WAR PART 1 will not feature any of the heroes of Marvel’s first two Phases.
- And with AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART 2, that’s where all of the earlier heroes will make their returns… including Steve Rogers. It’s worth noting that during Rogers’ absence it’s believed that Bucky Barnes will have stepped up and taken the famous shield and become Captain America.
Phew! So there we have it, a whole load of potentially huge news. As mentioned though, treat all of the above as purely rumour for now. Still, we’d bet our bottom dollar on a whole lot of the above actually happening.
As ever, expect more on future MCU films as and when we get it. Up next for Marvel Studios is AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON on April 24th then ANT-MAN on July 17th.
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY!
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: