Some extra bits n' bobs from this week's genre news!
* Whether you WANTED it or not, a sequel to the Mark Millar comicbook adaptation is on the way. Original writers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt have this week been hired by Universal to work on Erin Spiliotopoulos’s existing script. No word as yet whether McAvoy will return, but the scribes have revealed Angelina Jolie, despite rumours otherwise, will NOT. Also, to the relief of everyone, no 'Loom of Fate'!
* Who’s up for a zombie lapdance? Check out a new promo from Sega’s HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL EXTENDED EDITION…
* Bernice Marlohe rumoured to be playing a Bond girl in 23. Erm… who?
* Summit Entertainment have picked up the screen rights to Image Comics alien-centric 2001 title AREA 52.
* The US remake of the BBC series BEING HUMAN unveils its second season next January. Here’s a short teaser…
* And if you thought that was brief, prepare to learn nothing about GAME OF THRONES' sophomore season with their promo...
* Marvel Studios big cheese Kevin Fiege has revealed to EW that they're in early development on movies based on both GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and INHUMANS. But still no confirmation on DR. STRANGE sadly.
* Kurt Russell has graciously stepped in to replace Kevin Costner on his buddy Quentin Tarantino’s DJANGO UNCHAINED, while Laura Cayouette (of KILL BILL VOL. 2) has also been cast as Leonardo DiCaprio's widowed sister and plantation co-owner.
* Wes Craven claims SCREAM 5 is “likely” to happen. As much as we’re hoping he’s right on this one, we think he might be being a little over-optimistic that he'll be invited back. With the sequel under-performing, we smell a reboot or a direct-to-DVD spin-off if it happens at all. Sigh.
* Meanwhile, SCREAM writer Kevin Williamson’s just landed a pilot commitment from Fox TV for his secret new serial killer show.
* We reported recently that Ridley Scott has decided it’d be a good idea to make another BLADE RUNNER movie (read the story here), and it seems nobody’s managed to convince him otherwise - he’s just hired acclaimed screenwriter Scott Z. Burns (CONTAGION) to pen the screenplay.
* Aaaand finally! Check out FedEx’s awesome zombie-themed commercial…
Thoughts on any of the above? Then share them with your fellow readers in the Comments or on Twitter @Starburst_Mag