Extra bits n' bobs from the week's genre news!
* Christian Bale is in negations to take the lead in Spike Lee’s upcoming OLDBOY remake. Not hard to picture Bale wolfing down a live Octopus.
* Not sure why this JURASSIC PARK video game is being released now given the movie’s 18 years old, but thought you might like to have a peek at the new trailer anyway.
* The trailer debuted last week, now feast your eyes on the poster for Hammer’s THE WOMAN IN BLACK. Bless 'im, he can grow a bit of a beard!
* This WOMAN may not be in black, but she looks like she’s in a whole mess o’ trouble. Lucky McKee’s controversial horror film is currently ruffling feathers down at London’s FrightFest...
* Joe Hill’s LOCKE AND KEY TV adaptation didn’t get picked up for a series. Did Fox make a mistake by passing? Check out this leaked teaser trailer and judge for yourself…
* Comedian Rob Corddry (HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, ugh) is set to get his first starring role in Zombie comedy WARM BODIES for director Jonathan Levine (director all the little-seen, but highly recommended, horror flick ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE). WARM BODIES will tell the tale of a zombie who starts to experience the memories of a young lad (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS star Nicholas Hoult) after chowing down on his brain!
* Speaking of X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, here’s a look at one of the DVD/Blu-ray’s more interesting deleted scenes…
* Look! It’s a BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY themed X-Box! Pass.
* Miss TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON the first time around? Live in the US? Don’t panic! It’s getting an IMAX encore release Aug 26th! UK fans, sorry, but you’re gonna have to wait until the Christmas DVD/Blu-ray release.
* Last week we told you that James Mangold’s THE WOLVERINE has officially been given the greenlight to start shooting this November in Vancouver. How quickly things change. Fox have now pushed filming back to Spring 2012, citing a scheduling conflict with Hugh Jackman’s commitment to the musical adaptation of LES MISERABLES. You’d have thought that someone would have checked their star’s availability first. Pretty important. Starburst smells a rat.
* Not a week goes by without THE MUPPETS reminding us they’re about to be back in a big bad way, but we have no problem with it at all when their promo stuff is this good. Here’s the gang performing a cover version of their signature theme tune with band Ok Go!
* The cast of comic book adaptation R.I.P.D. continues to grow with two more actors signing on this week. GLEE supporting actor Mike O’Malley and Victoria’s Secret model Marisa Miller will join Jeff Bridges, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Bacon and Mary Louise Parker in next year’s summer supernatural cop comedy.
* Aaaaand finally! For the second week in a row we close on a BACK TO THE FUTURE-related piece. Check this clip out for a rather bizarre piece of viral marketing (we’re still unsure what it is they’re pimping) from Argentina.
Thoughts on any of the above? Sure you do! Then share 'em in the Comments or on Twitter @Starburst_Mag