...Because as previously rumoured, the title will be
Sorry to disappoint, guys.
This was revealed earlier today at the official press conference, attended by all the key players. So what else have we learned? A fair bit actually:
* The title doesn't just sound 'cool', it has an "emotional meaning" too. All will be revealed apparently.
* The story is NOT based on any previous Bond material. Nope, not even CARTE BLANCHE.
* Dench's M will have a larger role to play than in previous outings...
* ...which becomes clear when you hear the official synopsis: "Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost."
* Craig isn't planning on leaving the franchise for a while yet: "If I could do this for a few more years then I'll be happy."
* He also confirmed that he will get his kit off at some point. (Cue blokes watching the movie shuffling self-consciously in their seats as their partners look on adoringly, promising to themselves they'll renew that gym membership as soon as they get home).
* Sam Mendes wouldn't rule out directing another. But he'll see how this one turns out first.
* He also poo-pooed all that Oscar-baiting stuff, "It's not the reason you do a movie and not the reason you do a Bond movie. For me, Bond movies are for the audience and what happens afterwards is out of my hands."
* Locations will include Shanghai, Istanbul, and Scotland.
* The budget will be akin to that of QUANTUM OF SOLACE.
* And speaking of Quantum. No Quantum in this one.
* Naomie Harris plays a gun-toting, hard-driving Bond Girl named Eve, not Miss Moneypenny as rumoured. Although... does anybody know Moneypenny's first name?
* We ask this because several character names were deliberately held back, due to the fact "fans would recognise them". Curious...
With filming kicking off post-conference in London today, expect lots more SKYFALL coverage over the coming months.
Thoughts? Share 'em with your fellow Bond fans in the Comments below or on Twitter @Starburst_Mag