Following on from yesterday’s story that Jesse Plemons (Creepy Todd off of BREAKING BAD!), is due to meet J.J. Abrams this week to discuss a possible role in STAR WARS EPISODE VII (smart money’s on Luke Skywalker’s son), comes a whole host of further rumours courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter. You can read their article in full by heading here, or continue on for our cliff notes version…
* Additional to Plemons, Abrams also plans to meet with Hugo Weaving (to play an Imperial Commander)…
* …and Adam Driver (GIRLS), who was recently rumoured for the role of Nightwing in the MAN OF STEEL sequel.
* Michael Fassbender meanwhile, has reportedly already met with Abrams last month.
* The radically overhauled new version of the script by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan features the core trio of Luke, Leia and Han in much more prominent roles than the first draft did.
* George Lucas has been involved in the process during the development and subsequent scrapping of Michael Arndt’s draft, and although he disagreed, has ultimately supported Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy’s decision to switch scripts.
* Obi-Wan Kenobi’s daughter or granddaughter might play a part, with the search currently on for a “20-something female who is either mixed race or black.” (A simple look at the timeline indicates that if true, it will be a granddaughter. Unless Force Ghosts are a bit blue in more ways than one…)
So there we go, lots to chew over. Head over to the comments section to discuss which, if any, you hope will come to pass.
STAR WARS EPISODE VII is scheduled for release December 18th, 2015. They really need to get a move on…
Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG
CLICK COVER FOR OUR LATEST ISSUE!