Much like when Ben Affleck was announced as playing Batman, the recent announcement that Jesse Eisenberg will be playing Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder’s MAN OF STEEL sequel caused uproar and confusion amongst many corners of the internet. In an update of sorts, Latino Review claims to have the inside scoop on just what we can expect to see from Lex in the Batman/Superman tear-up/team-up.
Now Latino Review is usually very good with their scoops, but still treat all of this as purely rumour for now.
According to LR’s Kellvin, the following is currently true:
* Lex Luthor will indeed have a bald/shaved head, and he’ll also have a sleeve tattoo of the Metropolis skyline.
* Lex is the richest man on the planet and was a self-made billionaire at just 18 years of age.
* Luthor is the CEO of Lexcorp, is a technical genius, a ruthless business man and is “street tough.”
* Lex has been living on the streets since the age of 14, where he used his smarts to have others do his bidding.
* Lex sees himself as Godlike but not a God.
* Luthor first appears early in the movie when Bruce Wayne pays a visit to his 125th floor penthouse at Lexcorp Tower. When we’re first introduced to him, he’s studying various computer screens that feature Superman in action.
* Bruce and Lex are not friends but Bruce is looking to put their differences aside in order to pool their resources and rebuild Metropolis.
* Bruce Wayne considers Superman an impressive specimen whilst Lex sees him as merely an alien, a trespasser who doesn’t belong on Earth.
* Bruce believes that there can be a peaceful solution to the Superman problem but Lex sees Superman as just another man that can be killed.
* “Lex Luthor is Lexcorp and Lexcorp is Metropolis.”
* Luthor also has his eyes firmly on another caped hero: Batman.
So, take the above with a pinch of salt for now but none of it sounds too implausible, although we’re a little surprised at the ‘sleeve tattoo’ part. I guess we’ll have to wait until we hear official word from Warner Bros. before we know for sure what to expect.
Zack Snyder’s MAN OF STEEL sequel will see Henry Cavill return as Clark Kent/Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Lawrence Fishburne as Perry White and Diane Lane as Martha Kent. There’s also strong rumours that Jason Momoa has been in talks for a role, rumoured to be the Martian Manhunter or Doomsday.
Snyder’s sequel is set for a 1st May, 2016 release.
Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY OUR LATEST ISSUE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.