PLAY Expo has been going from strength to strength over the last couple of years, with regular gaming events taking place in London, Blackpool, Glasgow and Birmingham. Now they've added a new venue to the list which the fine folk of Yorkshire will be pleased to hear about - PLAY Expo Leeds is happening this coming weekend!
From 10am until 6pm on Sunday April 16th (that's Easter Sunday, if it helps you to remember the date), Elland Road will be filled with a vast amount of gaming goodness where there's sure to be something for everyone. Check this lot out!
- Indie developers from the local region and beyond show off their latest creations, including the intriguing OAOA and noskyvisible's space explorer Vanishing Point.
- Modern and retro gaming tournaments (schedule TBC).
- Dedicated Minecraft, LAN gaming and rhythm games area, where you can explore worlds with strangers or make as much noise as you want!
- A range of Playstation VR and Oculus Rift titles will be available to try out, with Doom VR and Duke Nukem VR right at the top of our list! Seriously, have you played last year's Doom? Absolutely exceptional in every way possible. Doom VR could conceivably be one of the best experiences ever!
- Arcade cabinets and pinball tables - no need to fill your pockets with 50p's, because everything's free to play. We're hearing 40 arcade cabinets and an undisclosed amount of pinball tables. Fingers crossed the adapted Addams Family table with the electric chair to sit on while you play will be there...
- The Retro Zone features a wide selection of consoles and computers, each running some of the best games for each system. So whether you’re Sinclair, Commodore, Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Xbox fan, you should be right at home here. They even have a range of different games for each system as well, so if there's something you want to try out just grab one of the event staff and they'll do their best to help you find it.
- The Next-Gen Zone is where you'll find the latest AAA PS4 and Xbox One titles, including some of the more quirky/less-known Xbox Live/PSN games that might have escaped your attention. PC gamers are well catered for as well, with a range of high spec PCs running some of the latest independently-produced multiplayer offerings.
- Then last, but by no means least, there's the shopping mall. Always a favourite attraction at these events, with a huge range of traders selling games, consoles, merchandise, clothes, artwork, you name it. Even if you're not in the market for anything in particular, think of it as a big museum where you can be reminded of all those games you used to play.
So that's Elland Road, Sunday April 16th, from 10am until 6pm. Admission is £8 in advance, with tickets available from the PLAY Expo website. Head to http://www.playexpoleeds.com and https://www.facebook.com/playexpoleeds for further info, and hopefully we'll see you at the pinball tables!SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY!
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: