One of the many elements that added to the enjoyment of James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy was the stunning soundtrack that accompanied the antics of Star-Lord and Co. As such, anticipation is high as to what tunes will be a part of the fun when Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 arrives in UK cinemas next week.
Now, as per Rolling Stone, the full listing has been released for the sequel’s soundtrack – and it looks just as impressive as its predecessor. We may have known that a few of these tunes - such as Fox on the Run, The Chain, and My Sweet Lord - would feature, but now we get the complete lowdown.
The listing is as follows:
1) Mr Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra
2. Fox on the Run – The Sweet
3. Lake Shore Drive – Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. The Chain – Fleetwood Mac
5. Bring it On Home to Me – Sam Cooke
6. Southern Nights – Glen Campbell
7. My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
8. Brandy You’re a Fine Girl – Looking Glass
9. Come a Little Bit Closer – Jay and the Americans
10. Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang – Silver
11. Surrender – Cheap Trick
12. Father and Son – Cat Stevens
13. Flashlight – Parliament
14. Guardians Inferno – The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff
That last little ditty? Yes, that’s a completely original track put together by James Gunn and composer Tyler Bates... featuring The Hoff!
The aptly titled Awesome Mixtape #2 is available to pre-order as of now, with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hitting UK screens from April 27th before a worldwide release follows in early May.