To celebrate the release of the highly-anticipated and visually spectacular new adventure film from legendary director Luc Besson, VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS, starring Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne, Rihanna, John Goodman and Ethan Hawke; we are giving you the chance to win a copy of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: The Art of the Film, signed by CARA DELEVINGNE and LUC BESSON.
In the 28th century, Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are a team of special operatives charged with maintaining order throughout the human territories. Under assignment from the Minister of Defence, the two embark on a mission to the astonishing city of Alpha—an ever-expanding metropolis where species from all over the universe have converged over centuries to share knowledge, intelligence and cultures with each other. There is a mystery at the centre of Alpha, a dark force which threatens the peaceful existence of the City of a Thousand Planets, and Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.
Watch the trailer here:
We have a copy of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: The Art of the Film, signed by CARA DELEVINGNE and LUC BESSON to give away to one lucky reader. Simply watch the trailer and answer the question below for a chance to win.
Who assists Agent Valerian in the mission to save Alpha?
a) Agent Laureline
b) Agent Lucy
c) Agent Louise
Email you answer, along with your address details, to email@example.com labelled Valerian before midnight on Sunday, August 20th.
Follow @LionsgateUK on Twitter for all the latest #Valerian news and information and book your tickets now to See VALERIAN AND A CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: The Art of the Film
By Mark Salisbury
Introduction by Luc Besson
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw opens on August 10th 2017 at 2pm GMT.
- The prize draw closes on August 20th 2017 at 11:59pm GMT. Entries received after the closing time will not be accepted.
- Entrants must be aged 15 or over when entering the prize draw and resident in the UK. The Promoter has the right, at its discretion, to request proof of age and residence for the winner to receive the prize. Entrants under 18 must make sure that their parent/guardian have consented to their entry into the prize draw and to these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is free of charge.
- Entrants will need access to the internet to enter the prize draw.
- To enter the prize draw, entrants must watch the trailer and submit the correct answer to the question above by the closing date and time.
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Prize for the winner is 1 x Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: The Art of the Film, signed by Cara Delevingne and Luc Besson.
- The prize winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person and contacted by a representative from Grapevine by email/telephone provided on entry within 24 hours of the closing date.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- In order to receive the prize, the winner must respond within 24 hours of initial contact.
- If the prize winner fails to respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner(s) will be contacted.
- The Promoter is Lions Gate International (UK) Limited of 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ (Company No. 08936180). The prize draw is run in association with STARBURST Magazine and Grapevine Digital Limited.
- This prize draw is not open to employees of Lions Gate International (UK) Limited, Grapevine Digital Limited or STARBURST Magazine or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this prize draw on reasonable notice.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other prize draw or promotion by the prize winner.
- The prize winner must confirm their address in order to receive the prize.
- By entering the prize draw, the prize winner gives consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for failure to deliver the prize caused by the delivery/postal service.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
- The Promoter's decision is final in every situation and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promotor assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
- Entry into the prize draw constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The name and district/county of the prize winner will be announced in email and may be obtained for three months after the closing date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Marketing Team, Lionsgate, 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ marked with the name ‘Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: The Art of the Film winner.’
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Lionsgate and STARBURST do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently. Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s). This competition is a game promoted STARBURST. STARBURST's decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. STARBURST reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. Entrants must be UK residents and 18 or over. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. The winners will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives. STARBURST routinely adds the email addresses of competition entrants to the regular newsletter, in order to keep entrants informed of upcoming competition opportunities. Details of how to unsubscribe are contained within each newsletter. All information held by STARBURST will not be disclosed to any third parties.
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAGFROM AROUND THE WEB: