1985’s Fright Night is a huge favourite of many a genre fan, including all of us here at Moonbase Alpha, and so we were a tad excited to hear that Eureka Entertainment were releasing a crammed Dual-Format edition of the film. With that new release now on sale, we’ve got our hands on 3 copies to give away to some lucky readers.
With William Ragsdale’s young Charlie Brewster at the centre of the action, Fright Night sees monster-obsessed Charlie adamant that his charismatic neighbour is actually in fact a no-good bloodsucking vampire! With nobody believing him, Charlie seeks the help of famed vampire hunter, Peter Vincent, as played by Roddy McDowall. Even better, this new remastered release of Holland’s beloved horror-comedy is brimming with extras, including a fantastic new 2-hour documentary. In fact, so impressed were we with Eureka’s Dual-Format Fright Night, our review (which you can find here) described the release as: “A playful, loving homage to the golden age of horror, yet completely its own beastly fun ride of frights and thrills, Fright Night still has as much bite today as it ever has, and this new release is simply a must-have for any and all fans of this beloved ‘80s favourite.”
To be in with a chance of winning yourself a copy of Fright Night, simply answer the below question:
In the 2011 remake of Fright Night, which actor played the role of charismatic vampire Jerry?
a) Colin Firth
b) Colin Baker
c) Colin Farrell
E-mail your answer, along with your address details, to firstname.lastname@example.org labelled Fright Night before midnight on Sunday, April 9th.
To give you an idea of what to expect from this hugely enjoyable new release of a beloved genre favourite, be sure to check out Eureka’s official trailer below:
The full details on this release read as follows:
He's sweet, sexy, and he likes to get in late. You might think he's the perfect neighbour. But before inviting Jerry in for a nightcap, there's something you should know. Jerry prefers his drinks warm, red, and straight from the jugular! It's Fright Night, a horrific howl starring Chris Sarandon as the seductive vampire and William Ragsdale as the frantic teenager struggling to keep Jerry's deadly fangs out of his neck.
Only 17-year-old Charley Brewster (Ragsdale) knows Jerry's bloodcurdling secret. When Charley can't get anybody to believe him, he turns to TV horror host Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall), who used to be the "Great Vampire Killer" of the movies. Can these mortals save Charley and his sweetheart Amy (Amanda Bearse) from the wrathful bloodsucker's toothy embrace? If you love being scared, Fright Night will give you the nightmare of your life!
Eureka Classics is proud to present this iconic horror classic in a Special Dual-Format Edition and Limited Edition Dual-Format SteelBook.
- 4K digital restoration
- Original stereo PCM soundtrack and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio options (on the Blu-ray)
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- You’re So Cool, Brewster! A new two-hour version of the definitive 2016 documentary on the making of Fright Night, focusing on the first film, created exclusively for this release
- What is Fright Night featurette, a 2016 video piece featuring cast and crew interviews (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- Tom Holland: Writing Horror, a 2016 video piece featuring interviews with Holland and his collaborators (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- Rowdy McDowall: From Apes to Bats, a 2016 video piece featuring archival footage of McDowall and cast and crew interviews (BLU-RAY ONLY) | Fear Fest 2 2008 reunion panel featuring Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark and moderated by Rob Galluzzo (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- Shock Till You Drop Present Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek, a three-part video interview on the film (BLU-RAY ONLY) | The full electronic press kit, featuring extensive on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- Stills and memorabilia from Tom Holland’s personal collection (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- G-rated and R-rated theatrical trailers (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- PLUS: a booklet featuring a new essay by Craig Ian Mann (STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE)
Tom Holland’s directorial debut FRIGHT NIGHT, the iconic 1980s vampire classic starring Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale and Roddy McDowall, will be released on Blu-ray in the UK, in a Special Dual-Format Edition on 27 March 2017, and is available to order here.
Terms & Conditions:
Eureka Entertainment and STARBURST do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently. Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s). This competition is a game promoted STARBURST. STARBURST's decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. STARBURST reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. Entrants must be UK residents and 18 or over. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. The winners will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives. STARBURST routinely adds the email addresses of competition entrants to the regular newsletter, in order to keep entrants informed of upcoming competition opportunities. Details of how to unsubscribe are contained within each newsletter. All information held by STARBURST will not be disclosed to any third parties.
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAGFROM AROUND THE WEB: