Thanks to our good friends at ARROW FILMS, we have a fabulous competition prize for one lucky STARBURST reader to win the limited edition box set of THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY and MONA LISA, which is out now. If that’s not amazing enough, there’s the book chronicling the rise and fall of HandMade Films, VERY NAUGHTY BOYS.
The box set includes both Blu-ray and DVD versions of the films, as well as an enormous amount of special features, including:
For THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY:
- Audio commentary by director John Mackenzie
- Bloody Business, a documentary about the making of The Long Good Friday, including interviews with John Mackenzie, stars Bob Hoskins, Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan, producer Barry Hanson and Phil Meheux
- Brand new interviews with Barry Hanson, Phil Méheux and writer Barrie Keeffe
- Hands Across the Ocean – A comparison of the differences between the UK and US soundtracks
- Q&A with Bob Hoskins and John Mackenzie, moderated by Richard Jobson
- Apaches (1977), John Mackenzie’s notorious farm safety film, presented in High Definition (1080p) for the first time
- Introduction to Apaches by cinematographer Phil Meheux
- Extended interviews with Barry Hanson, Phil Méheux, Barrie Keeffe, assistant director Simon Hinkly and assistant art director Carlotta Barrow
For MONA LISA:
- Audio commentary by Bob Hoskins and Neil Jordan
- Brand new interviews with director Neil Jordan, writer David Leland and producer Stephen Woolley
To win this fantastic prize, just answer the following question:
Which member of THE BEATLES was a founder of HandMade Films?
A - Paul McCartney
B - Ringo Starr
C – George Harrison
Email your answer along with your address details to firstname.lastname@example.org labelled 'LONG GOOD FRIDAY' before midnight on Sunday, May 31st and keep those fingers crossed!
Harold Shand (Bob Hoskins) is a businessman with great ambitions. Spotting the development potential of London’s derelict Docklands area years before the Thatcher government, he tries to broker a deal with his American counterpart (Eddie Constantine) that will make them both millions. But who is killing Harold’s other associates and blowing up his businesses – and why?
Universally regarded as one of the greatest British gangster films ever made, The Long Good Friday rocketed Hoskins to international stardom. He’s given sterling support from Helen Mirren (as his upper-crust mistress), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark) and Derek Thompson (Casualty), and there’s even an early appearance from future James Bond Pierce Brosnan.
Terms & Conditions:
Arrow Films and STARBURST do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently. Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s). This competition is a game promoted STARBURST. STARBURST's decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. STARBURST reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. Entrants must be UK residents and 18 or over. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. The winners will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
FROM AROUND THE WEB: