To celebrate the release of Dracula on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download from 18th March we are offering three lucky readers the chance to win a copy of the Blu-ray.
To be in with a chance of winning this prize, simply answer the following question...
Who wrote the original Dracula novel in 1897?
...and send your answer along with your address details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click The Cover To Pre-Order Your Copy:
Terence Fisher's 1958 classic is fully restored in High Definition and available on Blu-ray and DVD for the first time. The release will contain two versions of the feature (seamlessly branched on the Blu-ray): The 2007 BFI restoration plus the 2012 Hammer restoration, which adds additional footage that has been unavailable for decades.
The additional footage comprises two of the scenes that were originally censored by the BBFC in 1958 that have now been restored to the film from the “Japanese reels”:
* Dracula’s seduction of Mina
* Dracula’s sunlight disintegration
These will be the most complete versions ever released and taken together fully deserving of the description 'definitive'. Dracula has been unavailable on any UK home entertainment format for many years. This release will be at the correct aspect ratio of 1.66:1 which has never been available for home viewing. What's more, the release comes with generous extras including four brand-new featurettes:
* "Dracula Reborn". New 30 min. featurette about the film’s creation and history, featuring, among others: Jimmy Sangster, Kim Newman, Mark Gatiss, Jonathan Rigby and Janina Faye (Tania in the film).
* "Resurrecting Dracula". New 20 min. featurette about the film’s restoration, from the BFI’s 2007 restoration through to the integration of “lost” footage, featuring interviews with key staff at the BFI, Molinare and Deluxe142. Also covers the February 2012 world premiere of Hammer’s interim restored version including “vox pop” interviews with fans after the event.
* "The Demon Lover: Christopher Frayling on Dracula". New 30 min. featurette.
* "Censoring Dracula". New 10 min. featurette on the original cuts to the film ordered by the British Board of Film Censors.
Terms & Conditions
- The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- Starburst does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- This competition is a game promoted Starburst. Starburst’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Starburst reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants must be UK residents and 18 or over.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.