With rumours suggesting that the first official teaser trailer for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is set to appear online imminently, a report has surfaced that gives details on Superman’s role in Zack Snyder’s MAN OF STEEL follow-up. The exact specifics shown below are said to have originated from a pre-filming version of the script, meaning that some of this information may have been changed or tweaked. Now it goes without saying, but there be potenial spoilers ahead. You’ve been warned.
Firstly, what follows is far from official, but the details, which are courtesy of BadAss Digest, all sound completely plausible in terms of where BATMAN V SUPERMAN will pick things up with the Last Son of Krypton.
Here’s the breakdown of the report:
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN will begin with a montage that brings the audience up to speed on Bruce Wayne/Batman, with this recap of the Dark Knight then seguing to the finale of MAN OF STEEL.
- Things will then be brought forward to a few years after the end of MAN OF STEEL, after the destruction of Metropolis. The focus of the film will then settle on Clark Kent/Superman for a fair while. At this point, Clark is living with Lois Lane.
- Whilst Lois is the continent-hopping investigative reporter, CK is stuck working on local stories… such as the Gotham vs Metropolis football game, which ties in nicely with those leaked images we’ve already seen of just such a game taking place.
- During some work in the Middle East, Lois gets herself into some trouble. The Man of Steel turns up to save the day, although he is seen by the locals as an enemy and a tool of the US government.
- On home soil, at least, Superman is viewed as a hero and as a, dare we say it, beacon of hope. Two people, though, are not entirely sold on Kal-El: Lex Luthor and Batman.
- The report goes on to say that this is now a Superman who has become much more in control of his powers and who is more disciplined than what we saw in MAN OF STEEL (y’know, when he was destroying everything and being totally un-Superman-like?!). There are also said to be moments in the film where Big Blue acknowledges how the snapping of Zod’s neck (spoilers?) was wrong.
- MAN OF STEEL’s General Swanwick is now pretty much a full-on ally of Superman. Supes promises Swanwick that he will make sure to steer the world’s latest threat away from heavily populated areas…
- That threat? That’d be Doomsday!
As mentioned, treat all of the above as rumour until we hear anything official. Still, it does all sound like it could indeed be true, plus it matches up with a lot of the speculation that we’ve heard about the film’s plot already.
To be directed by Zack Snyder, BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is currently set for a March 25th, 2016 release.
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY!
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: