In some interesting news, 20th Century Fox has announced that April 26th will be Alien Day. Yep, as in a celebration of Ridley Scott’s iconic 1979 xenemorph affair and its sequels.
The plan is to loosely follow a similar pattern to last year’s Back to the Future Day, with a limited edition release of Ripley’s Reebok Stompers even being made available. As for the reasoning for April 26th being the chosen day, that’s a nod to the exmoon LV-426… as in the date 4/26 (or 26/4 to us UK folks). LV-426 is also where the xenomorphs were first discovered in Scott’s movie.
As well as Ripley’s Stompers, Reebok will also produce the mid-tops worn by Bishop, with both shoes to be available from Reebok.com and selected Reebok stores across the globe as of April 26th. But there’s more to Alien Day than just some fancy trainers, as detailed below:
- The Alamo Drafthouse will celebrate the day by bringing a double-bill showing of Alien and Aliens to screens across twenty cities in the US. Each pre-ordered ticket includes a Mondo-designed Alien t-shirt, whilst each venue will feature a host of exclusive merchandise.
- NECA will release their first ever Newt and Lieutenant Vasquez figures as well as a Kenner-inspired Ripley figure.
- Funko will release brand new figures to their Re-Action retro series.
- Dark Horse Comics will expound upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ current Aliens comic series with new, exclusive covers and a 30th anniversary hardcover release of 1986’s Aliens series.
- Titan Books launches the all-new Alien: Invasion (The Rage War Book 2) by Tim Lebbon.
- Audible will deliver a brand new audio drama dubbed Alien: Out of the Shadows. This production will feature the audio debut of Rutger Hauer, along with Matthew Lewis and Corey Johnson.
- Fox Digital Entertainment and Zen Studios will launch three digital Alien pinball tales via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live, and Steam.
- Dark Horse and DC Entertainment will re-release the Batman vs Alien comics series.
- Fright Rags will run some limited edition Alien apparel.
- Upper Deck will debut Aliens Anthology Collector Trading Cards and an Alien Vs set.
- Hot Toys will release a new 1/6th Alien Ripley figure.
- Kotobukiya will launch a new set of collectables, including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+.
- Insight Editions will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report.
- Sideshow Collectibles will debut an Alien Internercivus Raptus statue.
- Super 7 will release several new toys, including Alien muscle figures and a Nostromo playset.
- Loot Crate will run a limited edition Aliens 30th anniversary crate.
- Medicom Toy will release a vinyl super deformed Alien figure and retro style Aliens figure via Diamond Comics.
- USAopoly will launch new takes on classic board games with Yahtzee: Alien vs Predator and Clue: Alien vs Predator.
- Hollywood Collectibles will debut a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original H.R. Giger-created model.
Phew! So yeah, that’s a whole lot of merch and Alien goodness to indulge yourself in should you so choose. Of course, there’s also a good chance that Alien Day may also be used to raise interest and tie in with Ridley Scott’s upcoming Alien: Covenant, which is currently set for an August 4th, 2017 release.SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY!
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: