The BFI has announced a huge celebration of the work of one of the genre’s best-known writers with Stephen King on Screen, which takes place from September 1st to October 4th to coincide with the legends 70th birthday.
The full programme will be announced soon, but we can reveal that you can expect:
- Screenings of classic film and television adaptations such as Stand by Me (Rob Reiner, 1986) and The Shawshank Redemption (Frank Darabont, 1994)
- Stephen King’s Picks, a side-bar of the author’s favourite films chosen exclusively for BFI including The Hitcher (Robert Harmon, 1986), Village of the Damned (Wolf Rilla, 1960) and The Stepfather (Joseph Ruben, 1987)
- Selected screenings of films including Carrie (Brian De Palma, 1976) and The Shining (Stanley Kubrick, 1980) on the huge screen at the BFI IMAX
- A special Birthday Weekender (21-23 September) including a Stephen King Film Quiz and a Stephen King Summit.
- Talks and discussions including a season introduction and a day-long event looking at how King’s varied output has been adapted for the big and small screen.
Tickets will be available soon, so watch this space!
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG
Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.
CLICK TO BUY!
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: