News on GAME OF THRONES' Season 7

Written by Andrew Pollard Wednesday, 29 June 2016

TV News

Now that Game of Thrones’ sixth season is in the books, all eyes are eagerly focussed on what lies ahead for the show upon its return next year. We already know that there’s apparently only two shorter-than-usual seasons left for the fan-favourite series, but now executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have been discussing the future of the show.

Speaking to Deadline, Weiss addressed the fact that Cersei is now proudly sat on the Iron Throne. He said, “That’s what so much of next season is going to be about; finding out what’s Cersei’s mindset is. Who is she? While Cersei has certainly done a lot of horrible things in her life and she could be a very cruel person, the one thing that was redemptive about her was she genuinely loved her children. Now they’re all gone, and I think that is very interesting for us. Who is she without her children? The answer is something you’ll find out next season. That’s so much of what is to come that I’ll just give it away if I start delving into it now.”

Benioff confirmed that the final two seasons will be spread over just thirteen hours rather than the usual ten-episode seasons, adding, “It’s two more seasons we’re talking about. From pretty close to the beginning, we talked about doing this in 70-75 hours, and that’s what we’ll end up with. Call it 73 for now. We’re trying to tell one cohesive story with a beginning, middle and end. As Dan said, we’ve known the end for quite some time and we’re hurting towards it. Those last images from the show that aired last night [Monday] showed that. Daenerys is finally coming back to Westeros; Jon Snow in King of the North; and Cersei is sitting on the Iron Throne. And we know the Night King is up there, waiting for all of them. The pieces are on the board now. Some of the pieces have been removed from the board and we are heading toward the end game.”

The seventh season of Game of Thrones is set to start production next month ahead of premiering next year, likely in April.

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG

Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.

 

CLICK TO BUY!

MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB:



Suggested Articles:
Last week, STARBURST caught up with Bryan Fuller, prolific US TV screenwriter and showrunner, most r
Following last week’s news that Michelle Yeoh was the first confirmed cast member for next year’
In some disappointing news, Kevin Smith has decided to depart the Buckaroo Banzai TV series that was
Over in the US, The CW’s DC superheroes shows are gearing up for a huge four-show crossover event
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner

      
      
 
...
 
 
...