Movie News: Michael Douglas Discusses Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN Departure

Written by Andrew Pollard Saturday, 07 June 2014

Movie News

Despite all of the uncertainty over just who will be directing Marvel Studios’ ANT-MAN, the film still has a central cast in place. One of said cast happens to be Michael Douglas, who will be playing Hank Pym in the Phase Three opener. Speaking to Schmoes Know, Douglas and his chin have been discussing Edgar Wright’s recent ANT-MAN departure.

The famed cunning linguist said, “I was very disappointed. I am a big fan of his movies. It’s a very disappointing situation, happened very late in the game. I don’t think anybody’s quite recovered. My heart goes out to Edgar – he’s been involved with the project for a long time. But he’s talented enough that you’ll be hearing a whole lot from him and I’m sure with a little vengeance.”

As well as Douglas, ANT-MAN also has Paul Rudd on board as Scott Lang, with unconfirmed roles for Evangeline Lilly, Patrick Wilson, and Corey Stoll.

In terms of a replacement for Wright, this last week has seen ANCHORMAN’s Adam McKay and DODGEBALL’s Rawson Marshall Thurber both decline the gig, with ZOMBIELAND’s Reuben Fleischer apparently ruling himself out in order to focus on fatherhood and potentially the prospect of GHOSBUTERS 3. Then the end of the week brought rumours of BAD NEIGHBOURS' Nicholas Stoller and GOON's Michael Dowse both being in talks with Marvel and Disney. Adding to this, word is now coming out today, courtesy of The Wrap and The Hollywood Reporter, that YES MAN’s Peyton Reed and ROLE MODELS David Wain are also being considered.

Despite these recent issues, ANT-MAN is still scheduled for a 17th July 2015 release.

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW OR ON TWITTER @STARBURST_MAG

Find your local STARBURST stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. For our digital edition (available to read on your iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung and/or Huawei device - all for just £1.99), visit MAGZTER DIGITAL NEWSSTAND.

CLICK TO BUY!

FROM AROUND THE WEB:




Suggested Articles:
This past weekend brought some good and bad news for those eager to see Jason Momoa’s Aquaman fly
Following the film being announced earlier this year, Legendary Entertainment’s Detective Pikachu
He may have been deprived of going full-on Two Face back in the day, but Billy Dee Williams is to fi
New sci-fi thriller Solis has begun shooting for four weeks at Yorkshire’s GSP Studios. Directed
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner

      
      
 
...
 
 
...