Movie News: Did Benedict Cumberbatch Just Inadvertently Confirm STAR WARS EPISODE VII Role?!

Written by Kris Heys Saturday, 12 October 2013

Movie News

On the recent edition of Graham Norton's (usually unwatchable) chat show, Harrison Ford and Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch found themselves sharing the couch, and despite their cheeky host no doubt instructed (by PR types) NOT to bring up the inevitable Star Wars Q's, he did anyway. Good on him, because he definitely got some interesting answers. Check out the clip below and see what you make of this mess:

You must have the Adobe Flash Player installed to view this player.

Personally, I think the awkwardness from Cumberbatch speaks volumes. The only reason for being coy is if the contracts haven't been completely done and dusted. There MUST have been talks, and they must be relatively advanced, otherwise Cumberbatch would have just flat out said "nope". The actor was heavily rumoured earlier this year, he's spoken out about being interested in taking part and J.J., his Star Trek Into Darkness director, clearly loves the guy - this is almost a done deal. It's not just me, right?

Ford on the other hand... that last line about not having said "yes" yet might point to ongoing negotiations about fees. He's never really been that big a fan of the franchise, and when you compare this to his comments about returning for another Indy ("I'd do it in a New York minute," he reiterated on the very same show), it's chalk and cheese. Is he playing hardball with Lucasfilm? Quite possibly. We have a sneaky suspicion it'll all resolve itself very soon if that's the case. Perhaps he'll get his wish and we'll finally see that Solo death scene he's wanted since Empire... 

Can you believe we've got at least another year and change to speculate on this stuff? Fun times! But forget what we think, what do you think of this story (or any recent Star Wars rumour for that matter)? Sound off in the Comments below!

Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as iPad editions, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE.

CLICK CHUCKY FOR OUR LATEST ISSUE!


Suggested Articles:
Following the film being announced earlier this year, Legendary Entertainment’s Detective Pikachu
He may have been deprived of going full-on Two Face back in the day, but Billy Dee Williams is to fi
New sci-fi thriller Solis has begun shooting for four weeks at Yorkshire’s GSP Studios. Directed
Following the news that John Carpenter had boarded Blumhouse’s upcoming Halloween reboot in an exe
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner

      
      
 
...