Movie News: Bruce Willis Wanted Silly Money for THE EXPENDABLES 3

Written by Andrew Pollard Thursday, 08 August 2013

Movie News

With Bruce Willis essentially replaced by Harrison Ford for THE EXPENDABLES 3, The Hollywood Reporter claims to have the scoop on why Willis really left the project.

THR’s source claims that Brucie wanted $4 million for just four consecutive days work. Not happy with this, the studio offered the DIE HARD star $3 million, which he turned down. I mean, who would say yes to such a measly figure, right? Especially if all you’d likely be required to do was turn up on breakfast TV in your dressing gown to give one word answers.

The source said, “He said he’d drop out unless he got $4 million. A million dollars a day. Stallone and everybody else involved said no.”

Up until now, all we’d heard from Stallone was a tweet saying “lazy and greedy” that was apparently aimed at Bruno. The same source went on to say, “I think he [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford - a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film.”

The now Bruce Willis-less THE EXPENDABLES 3 will be directed by Patrick Hughes, and Ford joins Sly, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Kellan Lutz, Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz. Also in various stages of talks are Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich.

The film is due for a 15th August, 2014 release.

Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG

Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as fully interactive iPad editions, loaded with multimedia, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE.

Click Hit-Girl to buy our latest issue...


Suggested Articles:
One of the big news stories of 2017 so far is that Joss Whedon is writing and directing a Batgirl mo
In some major news, Marvel Studios has found a director – well, directors – for their Brie Larso
After last year’s fantastic inaugural STARBURST International Film Festival, we’re pleased to op
Well, well, well. After it looked as if James Gunn was bidding adieu to the Guardians of the Galaxy
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner