Movie News: J.J. Abrams Talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

Written by Andrew Pollard Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Movie News

Speaking at a recent Produced By Conference event, J.J. Abrams fielded questions from those in attendance. Of course, the topic of STAR WARS reared its head and, whilst Abrams did his best to dodge as many questions as possible, he did let a few bits of information out of the bed.

Discussing how he plans to approach his upcoming STAR WARS trilogy, Abrams said, “Talk about bigger than any of us. That thing is so massive and so important to so many people. I know from seeing the first film when I was 11 what that felt like. I think the key in moving forward with something like this is in honouring but not revering what came before. There’s that deep feeling of infinite possibilities that I think was the ultimate thing I thought when I first saw Star Wars, which I would – and probably will – give my left arm to try and come close to again.”

With filming for the upcoming films set to take place in England, Abrams also talked about the prospect of moving his family to British shores. “When I came into it, there was already a pre-arranged thing for them to be shooting in England, which really does make me insane,” he said. “I’ve never shot a movie outside the US or out of L.A. We are most likely, if all goes ahead, going to be moving to London at the end of the year. There’s a lot of stuff happening at home. It’s not an easy thing.”

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII is currently set for a summer 2015 release.

Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG

Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as fully interactive iPad editions, loaded with multimedia, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE.

Click To Buy


Suggested Articles:
Earlier this year, it was revealed that Sony Pictures was developing a Spider-Verse of movies based
With Josh Boone’s long-gestating New Mutants recently (finally!) confirming its first two cast mem
As Godzilla: King of the Monsters continues to assemble its cast, it’s now been revealed that Rand
Following Tom Cruise’s recent reveal that a Top Gun sequel is indeed happening, now comes word on
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner