Movie News: Viggo Mortensen Turned Down THE HOBBIT...

Written by Andrew Pollard Friday, 31 May 2013

Movie News

Whilst Peter Jackson’s THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY featured cameos from certain characters that it really shouldn’t, Viggo Mortensen has revealed that he was offered the chance to return as Aragorn.

Speaking to The Guardian Mortensen revealed, “Before they started shooting, back in 2008, one of the producers did ask if I would be interested. I said, ‘You do know, don’t you, that Aragorn isn’t in The Hobbit? That there is a 60-year gap between the books?’”

Despite said 60-year gap, certain actors openly pandered for a return to their roles from Jackson’s LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy. As a result, Jackson managed to shoe-horn in returns for the likes of Cate Blanchett and Elijah Wood. It’s nice to see that Mortensen at least had a high level of respect for the source material.

Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG

Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as fully interactive iPad editions, loaded with multimedia, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE.

Click To Buy


Suggested Articles:
Earlier this year, Sylvester Stallone teased the concept of Ivan Drago having a role to play in the
This weekend saw some worrying rumours surface on the future of Ben Affleck as Batman. Well, now the
Here at Moonbase Alpha, we’re huge fans of the animated DC output, and so we’re a tad giddy to h
One of most eagerly anticipated elements of next year’s Avengers: Infinity War is seeing the cinem
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner