Movie News: New STAR WARS Film Coming Every Year From 2015

Written by Andrew Pollard Thursday, 18 April 2013

Movie News

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm have made a collective statement at Las Vegas’ CinemaCon to confirm that we can expect to see a lot more STAR WARS goodness from 2015.

With J.J. Abrams’ STAR WARS: EPISODE VII already confirmed for 2015, it’s now been announced that we will then see a new STAR WARS film every year after that. Don’t be expecting the saga to rush through EPISODE VIII and EPISODE IX, though.

The format will apparently alternate each year between the new trilogy and standalone solo outings from characters. So, those stories of Han Solo, Boba Fett and Yoda getting individual films may just come to fruition. That said, there’s still no confirmation on exactly how many solo films are being planned, although the possibilities are literally endless as long as there’s a dollar to be drained from the franchise.

Share your comments below or on Twitter @STARBURST_MAG  

Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as fully interactive iPad editions, loaded with multimedia, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE.

Click To Buy


Suggested Articles:
With recent stories suggesting that Daniel Craig is likely to continue as 007, the next James Bond m
With four Avatar sequels currently being worked on by James Cameron, it’s been confirmed that CCH
No, no, it’s fine. You’re totally allowed to chuckle at this. Yes, as the title says, the latest
Earlier this year, Sylvester Stallone teased the concept of Ivan Drago having a role to play in the
scroll back to top

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Sign up today!
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner